Monday, February 11, 2013

A - Z Challenge


No I haven't fallen off the face of the earth.  I entered into a blog challenge called the A - Z Challenge.  You can see the logo and link to this challenge on the right if you want more information.  Basically the challenge works this way:

Every day in the month of April except Sunday you need to submit a post with at least 100 words.  Each day your subject matter needs to be the next letter in the alphabet.  Sounds easy enough except for 1 thing:  My blog posts while usually having more than 100 words also have an image.

Time is at a premium right now so I need to get a jump on my sketches and paintings if I want to keep up.  This image of Jimi didn't make the cut.  I opted for Janis Joplin instead for my letter "J" post so I figured I'd post it now for folks to see.

The A - Z Challenge is open to all so why not stop by and enter it.  It'll be a lot of fun and help get those blogging juices flowing while introducing you to some new friends.

5 comments:

Arlee Bird said...

Thanks for putting in a word for us. I'll link to this on my A to Z Blog post for February 25th. Nice art!

Lee
Wrote By Rote
An A to Z Co-host blog

michelle said...

Hi Bill. I'm swinging by from the A to Z Challenge blog, as a volunteer from Team Ninja Minions.
Nice to meet you and thanks for helping to spread the word!

Ah, Ms. J. Joplin... what a talent... and just when I thought that Ms. Amy Winehouse would step in and fill that spot in some way, which she more-or-less did, to an extent...
Well, maybe they were kindred spirits...?

Bill Somogyi said...

Thanks for stopping by Michelle. Amy was a great one very sad ending for her too.

Unknown said...

I signed up and I'm busy working on my posts as well. This year is my first year it's a little intimidating! I think I'm ready!
New GFC follower to your awesome blog. Your work is amazing!!!
Connie
Peanut Butter and Whine

Rebeccah Giltrow said...

Hello. Just thought I'd stop by to wish you luck with this challenge :)